Monday, October 02, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

I'm just numb. I've gone through all the emotions ... all that's left is numb. Maybe I just can't handle the lack of good news.

Friday was all about the food. I had a pina colada contrast for breakfast, a PET scan then a trip to the State Fair. It was a beautiful day. The sun was out, there was a nice breeze. It was a good distraction --- Friday was the one year anniversary of my diagnosis. I didn't really think about it much though the last time I was at the Fair I was in incredible amounts of pain. This year I just wore myself out on cinnamon rolls, corney dogs and tornado tators. The whole anniversary thing didn't really hit until today.

I always know something serious is wrong when my doctor calls. Dr Vasquez called a year ago to tell me that the CAT scan showed a large growth in my abdomen. Dr Einhorn called to say I'd been misdiagnosed. Well, Dr Holmes just called. The PET scan showed new growth in my lungs, some of the nodes in my abdomen are bigger and, to top it all off, there's an "uptake" in my testicles that the radiologist thinks is unusual. And, while we don't know yet what it all means, the fact that Dr Holmes called has to mean it can't be good. So, it's back for more tests. Sue will call tomorrow to set up a sonogram to check out my testicles, Dr Holmes will talk with Dr Black about my lung and he'll talk with Dr Vose about the nodes. Doesn't look like I'll be going to Omaha this week after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home