Saturday, October 07, 2006

Just One More Thing ...

Sue, Dr Holmes' nurse, called Thursday to say that the testicular sonogram came back clean --- there was nothing there to be concerned about. We talked more about the PET scan report. After my conversation with Dr Holmes on Monday I was under the impression that I had new growth in my abdomen. Luckily, it turns out that I had misunderstood him. She said that those nodes had been there the whole time they just haven't shrunk like the others. That's not much of a surprise --- Dr Vose (my oncologist in Omaha) warned me in June that the tumor wouldn't get much smaller than 2 cm. So, all that's left is to figure out is what's going on in my right lung.

Pathology called yesterday to set up my lung biopsy. Monday morning at 6:30 (AM!) I'll be checking in and getting ready for a needle biopsy. The doctor will pull some samples from the mass to determine what it is then we'll get working on getting rid of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home