Saturday, November 11, 2006

Night Schedule at Nebraska Hospital

9:45 - Lights out. Yeah, being a chemo patient can be pretty tiring.

11:45 - Jack, the night nurse, came in to give me Zofran, the anti-nausea medication. I asked for a warning on when he'd be waking me next. He told me that he'd see me again at 2:45 though he predicted it would be closer to 2 as I would be awake and should call him so that he wouldn't have to wake me again later.

2:00 am - I drink at least two 30 oz cups of water every day to help flush out the toxins. Unfortunately, that means I'm up in the middle of the night getting rid of some of it. As Jack predicted, I was awake before he woke me. So, as he suggested, I buzzed him so that he could take care of his business after I took care of mine --- he had to draw blood so that my lab work would be ready before the doctor made his rounds in the morning.

5:00 am - I was half-asleep when the tech came in to put the cuff around my left arm to measure my blood pressure and take my temp.

8:30 am - Up and ready for another day. It was a fairly easy night all things considered. They seem to be a little more considerate of my sleeping schedule here than they did at Baylor last Spring. There it was like trying to sleep in a Greyhound bus station. But each night is different so who knows what tonight will be like ...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we'd all like to hear more about "Jack, the Night Nurse."

Ann

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Ann. What else can you tell us about this 'Jack' person, Tres-y? :)

I'm anxious to hear more about what's going on, how you're feeling, etc.

Lots of love to you. I think I'll put the 'Freak' shirt on tonight so you're gauranteed some extra good vibes.

xoxo

Wade

2:31 PM  
Blogger Tres said...

well, you'd LOVE the French tech -- Erve, is a very handsome French guy that's working his way through school (he's studying computers). Wade, you'd love him!!!!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

MON DIEU! Nebraska has French people? You gotta be kidding me! Et Ooh-lah-lah por Tres!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home