Monday, October 30, 2006

Small Islands

My Mac is making funny noises. I guess I made the mistake of moving it while the fan was running. Now it sounds like there's a cow stuck in there and every time the fan slows down, she mooo's ... odd, now it sounds normal again. I don't get computers. Something goes wrong, you restart it, wait a few minutes and it fixes itself.

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes - cancer. So, my doctor got the preliminary results of my biopsy back today. Most of the ping-pong ball was made up of inactive infection. At this point we don't know what it is and we may never know. The pathologists will continue to do more tests over the next several weeks and if it comes back positive for something then we'll treat it. But, mixed in with this mass of inactive infection, were small islands of lymphoma. These small islands taken with the growth in my abdomen (I understood him correctly a month ago - the mass HAD grown) are, obviously, a cause for concern. He's talking with my doctor in Omaha about what to do next but I'll probably have to undergo at least two more cycles of chemo before I go to Omaha. It'll be a different cocktail than what I had last summer and probably be in-patient (yeah! I just don't get to stay in the hospital enough!). We'll confirm that over the next couple of days after he talks with Dr Vose but I'll probably start chemo again next week. I guess Arizona is off the hook for now!

Now, if only I could reboot my body ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home