Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'm out (again)!

Well, I have been released from the hospital once again! Round A (which you may remember came after Part B) wasn't as bad. The protocol was similar to what I had last summer so I didn't get (or expect) the side-effects that came with Part B. I also had the last of my 17 radiation treatments yesterday (to get rid of the brain mass - not the important stuff!). This month will obviously be lighter in treatments. I have a chemo treatment and physical therapy (good news - I've put the walker up!) on Friday that shouldn't be too bad, blood work and tons of pills to take. My next doctors appointment is on Jan 2nd. We'll (or, rather, she'll decide) then whether or not I have another round of salvage chemo or go on to stem cell transplant. Hopefully I'll go on to stem cell. Looks like I could be here until late February!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! Good to hear Tres!! Keep up the fight bud...sounds like you're making awesome progress!! Mark :)

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tres- I am glad you're out! I am thinking about you daily and I am sending you all my fighting energy! Keep up the good work and enjoy your time away from the hospital! LA

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breathe in that fresh air, baby!
I'm so glad to hear your news, and I can't wait to see you (on Friday!!!)

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work. Party on, dude.
xxoo
Ann

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tres - though we have never met personally I now know about your situation via a caring friend in Dallas. I am from Omaha and my father went through an autonomous stem-cell transplant at UNMC after his second bout of Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma... In my personal experienced opinion, you are in incredible care. I am fortunate to still have my father in my life and I owe it to that staff and the will of a patient to make it... Was it tough, yes, I witnessed it first hand, but it IS possible and I saw him fight to now live a happy and healthy life. He is in remission for going on 5 yrs now! And I am sure the same may soon be said of you. May the grace of God be with you and know that thoughts are being sent your way.... Take care of yourself and keep fightin' .... Cancer IS defeatable. (in fact, once you defeat it, it makes you stronger in ways others may never understand)...

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled that you're moving forward and getting closer to the stem cell transplant.

Enjoy the holidays--you deserve it!

Miss you.....

David (N)

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home