Friday, January 05, 2007

What a difference a PET scan makes

I've just ridden one of the toughest roller coasters I ever want to ride. I've gone through a day and a half of Hell when I thought I'd lost my life and I had lost hope (and when you have no hope, what's the point?). I expected only the worst from my 8:45 appointment with Dr Vose yesterday morning. Usually nothing good comes from anything that early (let's get the bad news out of the way first. And, no, I'm not a morning person.) especially when I haven't gotten any good news since I've been here.

The PET scan showed no activity. The tumor is dead. I now have a 4cm mass of scar tissue in my abdomen. This is very good news.

The next step is still to find out if my sister is a stem-cell match (there's a 25% chance). If not Dr Vose said I should go back to using my own stem-cells.

Needless to say I've started drinking again ...

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YAY!!! first rounds on me!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

CHEERS!!!! Fantastic news.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome news Tres!!!! I'll buy round two!!! Still sending good wishes and vibes your way!! woof!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would laugh if you could have seen the dance I just did!

HORRAYYYYY, TRES!

Gonna dance some more. All of you reading this may join in - and do it with GUSTO!!!!!

XOXOXOX,
Mary

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tres....Thoughts and prayers are with you!! I just heard of your 'Battle' and know you will win this 'WAR'....an old family friend from the past...Cindy (Craig) Timmins

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL news! I am smiling from here to Nebraska!

Clare

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drink up! I just hope you can taste it! My taste buds are just now returning....:) LA

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO!! Your best girlfriend is super-psyched to hear this good news.

Cosmopolitans are in order, STAT.

-Nancy

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee!! This is fantastic news--and you deserve it.

I hope this is just the first of many good news reports to come.

David N.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smiling smiling smiling.

xxoo
Ann

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo, Tres!

This is the best news I've heard in ages!!!

Raise one for me and know I've done the same for you, my friend!

Best,
Jeni

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home